The Masquerade is our big Saturday afternoon showcase of the best cosplay our attendees have to offer, taking place on center stage in the Main Hall! It's also the chance for our competition entrants to really wow the judges and show off their hard work.
- All entrants in the Masquerade must attend the briefing session on Saturday morning. This is important as it will ensure that everyone taking part is aware of the safety procedures in place, but it will also give you the chance to rehearse your catwalk strut on the stage itself!
- In order to be considered for the Cosplay Competition, you must take part in the Masquerade — it can be a little daunting, we know! But it's important that our judges are able to glimpse at how you portray the character on stage, as well as see how the costume looks in motion.
- All participating cosplayers must adhere to the Cosplay Rules.
Cosplay Chess isn't possible without pieces — and that's where you come in! We need people to fill in the various roles on the board, so pick a character you'd like to take part with and sign up for a spot!
If you're accepted to take part, you will be assigned a piece and a team — either Black or White. Depending on which piece you are, you might be knocked out right away or go all the way until the end! The full game is scripted, so that it does end with a winning side and is made with legal moves, but the actual battles aren't; that's down to you and the person you're fighting to come up with, so make sure you have some ideas in mind of how your character can take other potential pieces out — but also how they can die with dignity and grace!
Think you're all hot stuff about Naruto ships? Prove it! We're looking for attendees who are knowledgable, passionate, or just really like to organise a bunch of people whilst they do arts and crafts to submit events for Kitacon this year.
An event could be anything, really — a presentation on a specific topic, a game show, a needle felting workshop... there are loads of potential ideas! Some famous examples include Kitacon Taskmaster, MADstravaganza, Hell on a Cel and Quiz Smash.
As standard, event rooms are equipped with the following:
- A projector with HDMI and audio inputs
- One microphone (handheld)
- A desk or lectern
If you require anything other than what is on this list (some chairs, another microphone, etc.), mention this in the "Requirements" section of the form and we will endeavour to provide these for you.
For Kitacon Wonderland, we are offering two different packages for the Dealer's Room:
Dealer Package — £145
- One table
- One backing table
- Two full badges
Artist Package — £75
- One table
- One full badge
For the Dealer Package only, you may purchase up to five additional tables — these are £100 each and come with one additional badge per table, which permits access to the event for one person.
For both packages, additional badges are £35 and permit access to the event for one other person per badge.
- All tables are 6ft x 2ft in size.
- You will need to provide tablecloths for all tables you purchase, if you'd like them.
Your contact details, such as email address and phone number, will be taken from your user account so ensure these are kept up to date.
The Kitacon Parties have been a core staple of our conventions going back over a decade and our DJs have been the driving force behind that. So if you'd like to contribute to our party line up, and drop some sick beats like you're at a 90's school disco, then by all means get in touch.