For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions:
- Kitacon Wonderland ("The Convention") refers to the event organised by the Kitacon Committee at the The Warwick Arts Centre and University during the dates of August 9th to the 11th 2024.
- The Kitacon Committee ("The Committee") refers to The Officers and Shareholders of Kitacon Events Committee Ltd.
- Senior Convention Staff refers to The Directors of Kitacon Events Committee Ltd. (Company No. 09305607).
- Event Runners refers to Kitacon attendees who have registered and paid for a full membership/ticket to the Convention and have been approved to run a panel or event at the Convention.
- Panelist refers to additional fully paid attendees who will be taking part in the event/panel alongside the main Event Runner.
- Badge refers to an individual’s access badge or “ticket” to the event.
- Membership refers the status of the badge holder. This can vary from Member or Non-Member based on the validity of the individual’s badge status.
- Event Manager refers to the Committee member with direct responsibility for managing all submitted events and timetabling/scheduling — both prior to and during the event.
The Terms & Conditions as set forth in this document govern the actions of Event Runners and Panelists at Kitacon. By applying to run an event at the Convention, the signatory agrees on behalf of themselves and all persons for whom they are applying to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The Applicant who submits the application is considered the Event Runner. The Event Runner will be the sole point of contact for the event or panel.
- If your event or panel is accepted you are not guaranteed a space at Kitacon Wonderland. The standard registration process still applies.
- Event Runners & Panelists must have valid badge to Kitacon Wonderland by the 8th of August 2024.
- One application is for one event or panel, if you want to run the same event or panel twice, or run additional events or panels then you must submit a separate application form for each event or panel.
- Event or Panel content may be subject to moderation by the Kitacon Committee to ensure it is suitable for the event.
- Event Runners who contribute to the convention schedule by putting forward an approved event or panel will be able to claim a complimentary badge for the subsequent Kitacon convention.
- Event Runners must give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice prior to the scheduled event or panel taking place for any cancellations.
- Event Runners who cancel their event or panel will not have their contribution tracked and will not be eligible for complimentary badge for the subsequent Kitacon convention.
- No Shows will not be eligible for complimentary badge for the subsequent Kitacon convention.
Kitacon Events Committee Limited, its Officers and shareholders, the Warwick Arts Centre or any of their staff will not be held liable for loss of equipment, merchandise, revenues, or any other direct or indirect damage however caused. The Committee will endeavour to provide suitable security wherever possible, but Event Runners remain responsible for their property, personal vehicles, and any personal items or equipment used in the Event or Panel. The Senior Convention Staff reserves a number of rights, including, but not limited to the following:
- The right to refuse to accept an application for the running of an Event or Panel.
- The right to revoke membership of the Convention whether belonging to any individual or group, during the event itself if, in the opinion of the Senior Convention Staff, any person behaves in a manner that could detract from the event.
- The right to refuse entry to the Convention to any individual.
These rights, singly or in any combination, shall be exercisable by the Senior Convention Staff at its sole discretion.